- Posted Dec. 13, 2013, 8 a.m. - 10 years, 2 months ago
Barcelona was the location for the latest HP Discover Conference, with the event taking place from 10-12th December at the Fira de Barcelona, one of the largest exhibition spaces in Europe.
HP Discover provides the ideal platform for showcasing the latest technological advancements and industry developments, and with over 10,000 visitors attending, 500+ sessions took place covering such topics as Converged Cloud Solutions, Mobility, Security and Risk Management and Big Data. This year saw the event commence with Meg Whitman, President and Chief Executive Officer of HP giving the opening address, and throughout the 3 day event, HP made several announcements including:
- The Introduction of the HP t620 Flexible Series Thin Client, offering enhanced performance and flexibility with quad-core processors in a fan-less design.
- HP showcased the latest enhancements to their cloud offering with the next generation HP CloudSystem, boasting innovative solutions that allow for simplified management and increased security, as well as greater flexibility for hybrid solutions.
- The unveiling of the new HP S900 Series Multifunction Printer Suite, allowing high-volume printing, scanning and copying whilst reducing costs and increasing productivity, with integrated security and document workflow and fleet management features.
- The HP Elite Products portfolio was also highlighted, with HP presenting the world’s thinnest HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G1, the HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Business Desktop Mini, the smallest in the industry, and the HP EliteDisplay S239tm, the first HP touch monitor certified for Windows 8.
Keynote Speakers for the event included Jacob West, Chief Technology Officer, HP Enterprise Security Products, who presented on the Security Lessons that can be learnt from Cyber Criminals, with a view to improving an organisation’s own security strategies through understanding more about criminal behaviour.
Sponsors for the Conference event this year included Intel, Microsoft, AMD and VMware with the extensive exhibitor list also featuring:
GE Critical Power – End-To End Power Solutions including Power Quality Services, Surge Protection and UPS Solutions.
Jamo Solutions – Specialists in Performance Testing, Test Automation and Management.
Widesys – Providers of integrated solutions for IT Service Management.
With 2 events held each year, targeting Europe and America, the next HP Discover is scheduled to take place in Las Vegas on 10-12 June 2014.