Infix can use TransPDF, a website for translators working with PDF. Using TransPDF, PDF translation is faster and simpler eliminating tedious PDF editing.
The public TransPDF web site is at https://transpdf.iceni.com. Your company may have its own server in which case you will need to know it's address.
- Edit translated PDFs for free
You can edit PDFs from TransPDF using the demo version of Infix Pro without any restrictions or watermarks being added.
- Free translation with a valid Infix license
If you have a license for Infix, use of TransPDF is usually free-of-charge. Some usage limits do apply for general PDFs (an annual limit) and OCR pages (a monthly limit). Information on these can be found in the My Account page at TransPDF.
- TransPDF is integrated into popular CAT tools MemoQ and Memsource. Read more at the official TransPDF website.
To Translate a PDF:
- Export your PDF to XLIFF
- Translate the XLIFF using your own translation tools.
- Import the translated XLIFF
- The smallest segment in the XLIFF is the paragraph. Make sure your translation software further segments paragraphs as appropriate. Most tools (such as SDL Trados Studio), will do this automatically. Some will not - see the XLIFF section of the FAQ (frequently asked questions) for details of how to do this.